In this post, I will show you how you can completely remove image background for free. And I will also show you how to remove an object from an image easily. For this I am going to use is Microsoft Paint 3D. Microsoft Paint 3D comes with Windows 10 for free.
With Paint 3D, you can easily remove the background of images using a few clicks. Then you can copy and paste it into any other application or save it as a separate image. You can even save it with a transparent background in PNG format.
You may have used some, online tools that allow you to remove image background. But you need to upload your images to their servers. So, why do you give those photos to other parties while you already have the tools on your computer?
To open Paint 3D,
- Click on the Search bar or icon in the taskbar of your Windows 10 PC
- Type Paint 3D and click on the Paint 3D icon to open it.
How to use Microsoft Paint 3D to remove image background
The following video demonstrates the necessary steps to remove image background using Microsoft Paint 3D software. you can continue the reading to learn more about removing the background of images and removing objects from images.
- Open the Paint 3D application as explained above.
- Click New to open a new project
- Go to Menu (located in the top left corner), then click Browse files.
- Then locate and “Select” your image and click Open.
- Click Magic Select in the top toolbar, this will generate a blue box at the image border that you can drag the corners or sides.
- Drag in the corners or sides of the blue box closer to focus your object.
- Click Next at the right sidebar (Magic select)
- Then Paint 3D will automatically identify your object. Have a closer look to verify your object is correctly selected. You can use Add and Remove tools to refine the selection.
- To Refine your selection, select Add or Remove tools and draw simple lines over the areas you want to add or remove.
- Click Done.
- Then Paint 3D automatically separate your object from the background. Click and drag the object to see the change.
- Now, Right-click on the object and click Copy. This will copy the object to the clipboard, and you can paste it into another application.
- Go to Menu and click New to open a new project.
- Click Don’t save to close the previous project without making any changes to the original image. This will open a blank project.
- Use Ctrl+V or Right-click and select Paste to paste the image to the new project.
- Resize the image and Canvas. You can either crop the Canvas or use the Canvas tab in the top toolbar to adjust the Canvas.
- Click Menu and click Save as, then select Image.
- In the Right sidebar, select the required image type from the dropdown. If you want to save the image with a transparent background, select PNG format. Then check the Transparency option.
- Then click Save and select your destination folder and click Save again.
Remove an object from an Image
This is the opposite of what we discussed above. You can also remove an object from your image using Microsoft Paint 3D. Once you remove the object, the tool will intelligently fill the space from the surrounding texture.
In the first video above, you may have noted that when we drag the selected object away the background underneath is not white. That is because the Paint 3D has filled the background automatically. This works great when the removed object is smaller.
To do this, you can follow steps 1 to 8 stated above. Then before click Done, make sure you have checked the Autofill background option. Then click Done.
Then, Right-click on the object to be removed to select it and hit the Delete button. Now you can see your object is successfully removed and Paint 3D has automatically filled the space underneath.
It is easier than ever to remove image background with Microsoft Paint 3D. Sometimes, you may need only to performs a few mouse clicks to do the job. Most importantly this tool is available for free with Windows 10.
In this post, I showed you how to remove image background using Microsoft Paint 3D. I also showed you how to remove an object from an image using the same tool. Both things can be done very easily without any photoshop experience. And, unlike in other online tools, you do not need to upload your original photos anywhere else.
You may also interest in Stitching Google Map Images to Create a Large Map.